In light of Covid-19 precautions, all of our appointments are either telephonic or via Zoom. You can come into the office to drop off payments or documents, but be sure to wear a mask. We are in the office on limited days. There is a mail slot to drop off items on days we are working remotely. We are a small office – only 4 – so even with a client(s) here we are under the 10 person limit at any given time.
Texas Bankruptcy Attorney
Austin lawyer Michael Baumer is board certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in both consumer and business bankruptcy and helps individuals and small businesses file for relief under Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 of the Bankruptcy Code.
Bankruptcy is a legal process that helps individuals and businesses erase their debts or reorganize and partially repay them under the protection of the bankruptcy court. If you are considering bankruptcy, you are probably dealing with one or more of the following situations:
- Balance transfers on credit cards—using one card to pay another just to keep payments current
- Harrassing calls from creditors and bill collectors at your home or office
- IRS liens or other tax debts
- Lawsuits from creditors
- Late or missed payments on your mortgage or car loan
- Foreclosure proceedings against your home, or the threat of repossession of your vehicle.
Even if you live outside of the city of Austin your case must be filed in Austin if you live in one of the following counties: Bastrop, Blanco, Burleson, Burnet, Caldwell, Gillespie, Hays, Kimble, Lampasas, Lee, Llano, Mason, McCulloch, San Saba, Travis, Washington or Williamson.